Chelsea will face Milan in the 3rd round of the Champions League group stage. Staying in Milan as a teenager, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang recalls. He revealed that he had the opportunity to train with Brazilian Ronaldo and was impressed by his immense skills.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang joined Milan as a teenager, and definitively left its ranks in 2012
- On the occasion of Chelsea’s direct match against the Italian champion, he recalls his stay in Milan
- The Gabonese reveals that he was impressed by the skills of Brazilian Ronaldo
Aubameyang recalls Ronaldo
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang made his way to Milan’s youth team in 2007. He spent a total of five years with the Milan team, although he never lived to make his senior debut. In 2012, he definitively left its ranks for Saint-Etienne.
The Gabonese’s stay at Milan comes during a period of big names who were there at the time. On the occasion of the match of the 3rd round of the Champions League group stage between Chelsea and the Italian champion, he recalls the old days. Aubameyang admits that he had the opportunity to train with the Brazilian Ronaldo, and his skills infuriated him.
– I know Milan well. When I was there, it was a really strong team. Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Ronaldo played there. I was very young, that’s why I decided to play on loan for a few years. I just tried to improve. I looked to Ronaldo to learn as much as possible.
– To tell you the truth, he was already a little fat by then, but he was still the best. I will always remember the situation when Carlo Ancelotti asked him about his fitness. Ronaldo replied: “Do you want me to run or score goals?”. Ancelotti replied: “score goals,” and in the next match Ronaldo hit the net twice!
– That was part of his character. You need that, because as a striker you have to be mentally strong. I was just a young boy among all those stars. I tried to learn as much as possible,” Aubameyang recalled.