Mourinho: Napoli didn’t deserve to win
AS Roma lost in Sunday’s final match of the 11th round of Serie A against SSC Napoli. The Giallorossi coach couldn’t come to terms with the defeat after the game. According to Jose Mourinho, the Italian league leader did not deserve the victory.
- The hit of the 11th round of the Italian league ended with the victory of SSC Napoli
- The golden goal was scored by Victor Osimhen, who showed off a fantastic shot
- After the game, the Giallorossi keeper commented on his team’s performance
Roma with three defeats on their account
AS Roma ended a streak of consecutive victories. The Romans were stopped by SSC Napoli, which, in turn, recorded its seventh consecutive victory in Serie A. Overall, the Azzurri boast a balance of eleven consecutive match wins, counting all games.
– I feel uncomfortable and support my players because they gave their all and I think they did enough to avoid defeat. We knew that whoever scored the goal would win, and Napoli did it. I congratulate them, but I feel they won without deserving it,” argued Jose Mourinho as quoted by Football Italia.
– We controlled the game, but in the second half Napoli took the initiative. This was a consequence of our fatigue. It’s disappointing that the players are exhausted, I’m worried about that. We didn’t have a midweek match, but we still looked tired. One injury is a problem, but three or four is much more. I don’t like that we lost, but today I’m going home with a positive mood,” continued the Portuguese.
AS Roma, after playing eleven league games, is currently in fifth place in the league table. The Giallorossi currently lose seven points to the league leader. In the next round, the Romans will face Hellas Verona in an away game.
The meeting will take place on Monday (October 31) at 6:30 pm.