Manchester United’s rematch against Atletico Madrid has revealed another quarterfinalist, Diego Simeone’s team. The game was full of controversy, the author of which was Slavko Vincic.
Was very dissatisfied with the attitude of the Red Dia blesses, Ralf Rangnick.
- Manchester United were eliminated from the Champions League on stage 1/8;
- Atletico Madrid turned out to be stronger than the English team;
- Ralf Rangnick was dissatisfied with the referee’s work after the match.
Rangnick like Mourinho in Madrid’s best years
The 2021/22 season for Manchester United is practically lost. The Red Devils are already 20 points behind the Premier League leader. They were eliminated from the FA Cup by Middlesbrough, and from the League Cup by West Ham United. The Champions League games were still a chance to save face. The team led by Rangnicka was eliminated on Tuesday at stage ⅛.
Read also: Mbappe will sign a contract with Real until 2027.
His dissatisfaction with the result of the match with Atletico Madrid Ralf Rangnick did not hide However, the German blames the referee for the defeat of his team – Slavko Vincic. According to the coach of the Red Devils , the Slovene could have made a different decision in several situations. By the way, in you want to win more with huge bonuses, higher odds, and without risks – visit our indian betting sites rankings page.
- In the second half it was difficult for us, the game was interrupted every now and then. There was always someone on the pitch. Some interesting judging decisions were also made – said Rangnick in an interview with BT Sport.
- I wouldn’t say they were decisive, but the referee too often fell in for these time-wasting antics. The fact that he only added four minutes at the end was a joke to me, he blurted out .
- “I’m sure Anthony Elanga was fouled during the goal action, but the referee and line judge saw it differently.” In my opinion, this situation and an offside goal are the only chances for them to hit our net – he said.
“Regardless of these occasions, I think we defended well and stayed tight during their counterattacks.” Nothing to blame my team for in the first half, he concluded. In the last eight years, Manchester United has only managed to get further than in the Champions League. In the 2018/19 season, they sensationally eliminated PSG and advanced to the quarter-finals. There they had to recognize the superiority of FC Barcelona. Want to know more about football news for today and don’t miss the important news? Subscribe to footbal24.in and receive the latest updates to your email.