Leo Messi fondly remembers working with Pep Guardiola during his time at FC Barcelona. According to the Argentine, it was the coach who permanently introduced some changes in soccer.
- Leo Messi and Pep Guardiola celebrated success in the colors of FC Barcelona
- The Argentine considers him the best coach in the world
- According to Messi, it was the Spaniard who revolutionized soccer
Messi’s tribute to Guardiola
Pep Guardiola began his coaching career at FC Barcelona. From 2008 to 2012 he worked with Leo Messi and it was a time of splendor for the Catalan club. According to many, the Spaniard then created the strongest team in the history of soccer.
The style of play of the “Pride of Catalonia” permanently entered the annals of soccer and caused many teams to imitate it. According to the Argentine, Guardiola is the best coach he has had the opportunity to work with. He has no doubt that the Spaniard has in a way revolutionized soccer.
– Guardiola did damage to soccer because what we were doing seemed so simple that everyone then wanted to imitate him. Then I found a lot of Guardiola around me, and I realized very well what we did together at Barcelona.
– Pep Guardiola is the best coach I have ever had. Everything he planned beforehand always worked out. Without a doubt, Guardiola has something special in terms of watching rivals’ matches, preparing for rivals and transferring his knowledge to the players,” said the Paris Saint-Germain player.
Guardiola has achieved success at every club he has had the opportunity to work at. Since 2016, he has led Manchester City, with whom he won the English championship four times.