By now, the players’ thoughts revolve almost exclusively around the World Cup in Qatar. The World Cup is now officially underway, and Xavi has picked his favorites. The FC Barcelona coach also commented on the mental burden on the players during the tournament.
- Playing at the World Cup involves a great mental burden for the players
- Xavi has a plan for resting them after the World Cup
- The FC Barcelona trainer also named his favorites for the World Cup
FC Barcelona coach named the favorites for the World Cup in Qatar
Although the Spanish national team is not listed among the close favorites to win the World Cup, expectations are high for the performance of the team led by Luis Enrique. Xavi, many of whose FC Barcelona charges have traveled with the national team to Qatar, realizes this.
The coach of the Catalan Pride has decided to give time to rest the players who will return to the club from the World Cup. The Spaniard realizes that they will need to recuperate both mentally and physically.
– It will be difficult to manage players who return to the club after the fiasco at the World Cup, or fail to meet the expectations of the fans. We will give them a week or even 10 days to take their minds off the tournament and recharge their batteries,” he said.
– I see that Brazil has a very strong national team with Neymar in the lead. Argentina with Leo Messi is also very motivated. I think these two national teams are one step ahead of everyone,” the Spaniard added.
Brazil and Argentina are pointed out by bookmakers as the main favorites to win the World Cup.