Lionel Messi is a player who continues to be linked with a return to FC Barcelona. Recently, the Catalans’ sporting director spoke on the topic of the Argentine’s possible re-game with the Camp Nou team.
- Speculation about the future of Lionel Messi continues unabated
- The Argentine is still being linked by the media with a return to FC Barcelona
- Jordi Cruyff recently spoke about Messi’s possible return to the Camp Nou team
Messi will return to Barcelona?
Lionel Messi has a contract valid with PSG only until the end of June next year. Reports have not gone quiet regarding the fact that the Argentine could end his stint with the team from Parc des Princes in the summer of 2023.
Jordi Cruyff, in an interview with RAC 1, made it clear that Barca will want to do everything in their power to get Messi back.
– Both myself and the club president understand that we need to get closer to such a legend. Barca and Messi must reunite. However, this can also happen after the Argentine’s career is over,” the 48-year-old said.
– What is clear, however, is that the final handshake between the two sides, with such potential, has not yet taken place,” Cruyff complemented.
Messi parted ways with Barcelona in the summer of 2021. The player went to Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer. In this campaign, the player made a total of 22 appearances, scoring 14 goals in them. In addition, the footballer has 17 assists to his credit. The market value of the captain of the Argentine national team is 50 million euros